Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

1978 Pepsi Fan Club

I did a post on the 1975 Fan Club and showed some of the membership forms.  I have a couple others not featuring Garvey as well.


While recently starting to scan my Garvey cards for a yet to be determined reason, I came across the 1978 membership card, which I apparently forgot about!  It is roughly standard trading card size and probably came from something similar to the 75 version, as I see spots where the card was attached to a larger item and meant to be punched out.




I can't think of a much cooler item to find after all these years, for a player collector.  I just wish that I had been living in Southern California then.  Would I have even been a Dodger fan?  Who knows, but the concept that I may have been in a position for opportunities to find great stuff in real time is mind blowing.

Again, so glad someone kept these and eventually offered them on ebay.  I'd love to see more someday, if they exist.

I know there were no cards involved in the Mariners club of the 70s, as i was a 2-3 year member myself, but I got a T-Shirt in the deal!  Bruce Bochte was the represented player and here is a shot of it as I stood next to Pirate legend Bill Mazeroski.  Didn't know he coached for the mariners, you say?  Pretty cool.

I wrote a blog entry about that photo day too…



Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar