Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

NCC presents: 70's wallpaper nail art

Time for another nail challenge collaborative, the second this month with the theme wallpaper. And as I said in my first post I decided to do a little "history lesson", doing my nail art's inspired by the wallpaper/interior designs of certain decades, going back in time. My previous post was early 21st century, with some sort of past present time and today I take a major leap into the 70s.

The 70s was a colorful period of time; wallpaper and interior design wise. A main color seem to have been bright orange as accent, often combined with yellow, red and brown as seen below. Quite often I've noticed avocado green details too (even seen a full kitchen in avocado green). My mom told me that her mom (my grandmother) painted their bathroom bright orange during the late 60s.

Source 1 (dots), Source 2 (stripe on white), Source 3 (stripes again)
Onto my nail art. I struggled a bit with this one for no reason, had a bad nail art day and redid some nails 3-4 times and when I was done I accidentally dipped my undried nails when cleaning away my bottles.. Just to redo, again, lol. I went all in for the dots and my original plan was striped accent nails but that failed so at the end I decided to make swirls, using the needle dragging technique. The swirl technique I've done before in two colors (b&w), but this time I decided to use four colors and it became quite cool. I'm quite happy with the result but I think it could have looked way cooler and I'll probably try a 70s nail art more times. Hope you'll enjoy.







My dominant also got dots, really cool like that too I think. ^^




Polishes used:
KIKO - 324
P2 - Dating Time
Essence - Polka Holga
Essence - Love Is In The Air


Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar